This is me squishing the pretty sock yarn that I bought in New Zealand. It’s funny because I go through stages with craft supplies and crush on all sorts of different things in a short period. At the moment it is sock yarn, in December it was stationery supplies and the month before that it was highlighter pens. Yep.
Do you crush on things too? Mostly I just look at new things and seldom commit to a purchase unless I know that it’s something I will definitely use. I try and be mindful of not over consuming, but sometimes it’s really hard to do this, especially when everybody else is lashing out. Self restraint. That’s what I try and have, but it doesn’t always work! Since my craft supply downsizing and huge decluttering efforts last year, I truly don’t buy stuff for the house, but have somehow managed to accumulate a bit of yarn. I’ll post about that tomorrow and how I aim to attack it this year, but today I’m talking about what cute things have caught my eye recently. I’m calling this my ‘crushing on’ post, because these are all things I’ve seen and would quite like, but the ‘self restraint’ motion in my head is telling me no. I’ll just get them out of my system by sharing them here – that should do the trick, right?
Here we go:
- I don’t even have anywhere to hang this, but this pineapple garland is SO sweet.
- Everybody has been raving about the new Aussie Kmart catalogue, so I had a look and it’s damn good! The black ampersand LED light is so cool and probably one of my favourite things from the catalogue.
- I’d love one of these brass bullet pens to go with my Midori Traveler’s Notebook – which reminds me that I owe you guys a post about how it worked for me as a travel journal.
- Super crushing on the ochre Malabrigo sock Yarn, but I must be good and use what I have first.
- This macrame yarn garland pattern is the BEST and it’s a freebie.
Enjoy the linky love,